Tagging of photos is necessary when you want to enable searching for an event. In this article we describe how to tag photos by spreadsheet after they have been uploaded. There are several other ways to perform the tagging work, but only one can be selected per an event. For an overview of the other methods of tagging please refer to this article.
When using this method the numbers are tagged after the images have been uploaded. This method is useful if you feel more comfortable using a spreadsheet to capture your photo tags after the photos have been uploaded.
In order to perform the import, a specially prepared spreadsheet template is required. See the steps below to tag photos using this method:
- Ensure that "Photo Tagging" was enabled when the event was created (this is under "Advanced settings")
- Ensure that all images have been uploaded and processing has been completed.
- Download the photo data export file for the event: Events > [My Event Name] > Settings Tab > Tagging > Download Unidentified Item List
- Open the export file with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets and capture the numbers.
- Once all the numbers have been captured, find the spreadsheet import under: Events > [My Event Name] > Settings Tab > Tagging > Upload Tag Spreadsheet.
- Remember to enable searching for the event in the Store Admin: Events > [My Event Name] > Settings Tab > Searching
It is possible to provide multiple tags for a given photo by separating them with the "|" (pipe) character. For example, by specifying 123|321 in your input column, the image can be found by searching for either "123" or "321".