In order to make uploading as simple as possible, we've designed our image processing system to do most of the leg work. For clarity, we outline all the actions being automatically performed on each image by the system below.
Note that only high res file is required per image as our process will automatically take care of downsizing images as needed.
For every image uploaded the system will perform the following actions for you:
- Keep the high res original in storage for order fulfilment purposes
- Create thumbnails and low res copies for previewing on the web
- Apply watermarks to the low res copies
- Extract image capture timestamps to automatically group photos in hourly timeslots
Depending on the type of event you've created the following additional tasks will be performed as well:
- Auto identify race numbers (if this option was selected)
- Store any information captured in the filename
- Make tagged information searchable
When an order is received and paid, our system will automatically take care of:
- Fetch high res original from storage
- Downsize image according to the order specifications.
- Make scaled images available to the paid customer only
- Notify customer
- Automatically expire download after a few days